In the pursuit of a flawless manufacturing process, several key factors come into play: minimizing work in progress (WIP) and inventory, reducing costs, shortening manufacturing time, and ensuring product accuracy. To achieve these goals, here are five crucial steps that Want.Net follows:
1. Material Analysis and Selection during Manufacturing
The selection of materials plays a vital role in the manufacturing process. Want.Net follows a meticulous approach to ensure optimal material choices:
- Performance-based Selection: Want.Net considers the main performance indicators and identifies materials that meet the necessary requirements.
- Comprehensive Consideration: Factors such as material molding process, part complexity, production batch, existing production conditions, and technical requirements are evaluated to choose the most suitable materials.
- Cost-Effective Selection: Utilizing an optimization method, Want.Net assesses the material cost, molding process, material performance, and reliability of use. Materials with a high performance-to-cost ratio are preferred, taking into account various costs, including raw material, forming, manufacturing, and production cycle.
For instance, when manufacturing robotic structural parts, AL7075 is stronger and harder than AL6061, albeit at a higher machining time and cost. However, in other scenarios, AL6061 proves to be the best choice in terms of cost-effectiveness.
2. Processing Plan and Analysis
Want.Net places great emphasis on developing a processing plan that meets technical requirements and yields high-quality products. The following steps are undertaken:
- Customer-Centric Approach: Want.Net selects the appropriate processes and processing methods based on customer requirements and product usage environment, ensuring the final product meets all technical specifications.
- Productivity Enhancement: Improving productivity and adherence to specifications are paramount in Want.Net’s manufacturing process. Selection of processes and equipment for prototyping and mass production is based on delivery time and production costs.
- Cost Minimization: While ensuring customer satisfaction, Want.Net strives to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and provide competitive pricing through efficient and rational processing solutions.
3. Ensuring Machining Accuracy
Precision assurance is a critical aspect of the manufacturing process, with the accuracy of equipment being a determining factor. Want.Net ensures accuracy through the following measures:
- Advanced Equipment: Utilizing sophisticated processing equipment is a prerequisite for achieving accuracy in product manufacturing.
- Skilled Professionals: Experienced processing programming engineers and operation engineers play a vital role in maintaining accuracy and achieving high qualification rates. Their expertise in operational skills and processing techniques contributes to excellent outcomes.
- Error Reduction: Want.Net focuses on minimizing, compensating, transferring, equalizing, and homogenizing errors during the machining process. This attention to detail ensures superior precision.
- Customized Solutions: For products with lower precision requirements, Want.Net recommends the use of low-precision and cost-effective processing equipment, allowing customers to save time and cost without compromising quality.
4. Processing Unconventional Structures and Internal Schemes
Manufacturing unconventional structure parts with intricate features presents unique challenges. To overcome these limitations, Want.Net employs specialized techniques:
- EDM and WEDM: For parts with deep holes, internal structures, or blind spots, ordinary CNC machining may not suffice. Electrical discharge machining (EDM) and wire electrical discharge machining (WEDM) are employed to reduce the thickness of these parts for subsequent machining.
- Copper Molds: Creating copper molds based on the internal structure of the part allows for the processing of unconventional structures. However, the machined surface may require additional polishing due to its rougher nature. Want.Net acknowledges these complexities, especially when striving to achieve the unconventional structure as depicted in the visual prototype.
5. Upgrading Processes for Cost Reduction
Optimizing efficiency, increasing capacity, and reducing manufacturing costs are Want.Net’s primary objectives. The following steps are taken to achieve these goals:
- Scientific Analysis and Development: Want.Net conducts a comprehensive analysis of the process flow during customer projects. They identify critical and challenging points based on customer requirements and develop reasonable and effective process solutions and protocols.
- Continuous Improvement: Want.Net aims to continually develop more scientific and efficient process flows and systems. They gather insights from past experiences, promote and implement advanced practices, and ensure optimal control over process flow, cost, and quality.
For example, when manufacturing robotic arms, Want.Net focuses on enhancing load-bearing capacity, strength, and precision. Extensive research is conducted to improve the accuracy of CNC machining after robot arm casting, ultimately developing a more cost-effective manufacturing process for customers.
In conclusion, Want.Net’s commitment to a perfect manufacturing process encompasses careful material selection, meticulous planning, precision assurance, processing unconventional structures, and continuous process upgrades. By following these steps, Want.Net ensures the delivery of flawless products, minimizes costs, and meets customer expectations.